Tuesday, July 22, 2008

America the Beautiful




I know I've been terrible with posting lately, but I really have had NO time, nor have I been by a computer much at all. Last Thursday after class, I went to meet my editor Ariston over at Dosomething. I can't even tell you the feeling that ran through me as I rode the elevator, anticipating the bustling office full of young, hip editors bouncing about. To my delight, It was exactly what I expected! Ariston, (who is amazing), sat down to talk with me for a bit, and we must have hit it off, because she asked me to go along with the other two interns to the premiere of America the Beautiful, a documentary by Daryl Roberts. The theme of the movie raises the question: is america OBSESSED with looks? Needless to say, it was an AMAZING documentary, and the other intern (who happens to be in my NYU Women in the Media class), and I were thrilled with how perfectly the film related to everything our class has taught us. We got to interview Kirsten Haglund, who is Miss America 2008, and Daryl Roberts (who made the documentary). It was an amazing time and still can't believe that I was asked to go on my first day. Looks like the fun has just begun for this Class Act girl.

...In the meantime, what do you think: is America obsessed with looks?


xoxo,
ca

No comments: