Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ban the Tan



If there's one pet peeve I have, it's walking through the halls at school in the dead of winter and seeing a line of girls tanner than anyone should be this time of year, (unless of course, you are lucky enough to have just come back from vacation). However, more likely than not, the cause of a bad tan is the result of a tanning salon horror trip. Personally, I am against tanning salons, and have yet to go fake tanning in my life. Not to say that I am against a healthy glow, but its no secret that looking burnt to a crisp in the middle of the winter is just a no no. The outcome of a fake tan doesn't only look unhealthy, but also does severe damage to your skin over time. So, tanning addicts, I offer you an alternative to your unhealthy ways. Companies such as Jergens and L'Oreal offer wonderful tanning lotions and wipes that can give you a healthy glow for a steal. And trust me, I'n not the only one saying these products are the real deal. Instyle Magazine even voted Jergens Natural Glow as its "Best Gradual Self Tanner" for 2008. L'Oreal offers an amazing product called Sublime Bronze (I'm a huge fan) that leaves a natural soft hint of color to my skin without the streaks and damage of a real tan. Both of these products can be found at most drug stores and pharmacies for under $10. Save your wallet AND your skin!

No comments: