Monday, March 30, 2009

I Dream of Couture





I have to admit, I've always been a fan of Juicy Couture, even back when they were known for everyone favorite staple piece; their velour tracksuits. Over the past 2 years, Juicy has veered away from their comfy sweats, and transformed into a more ruffles and prep sort of brand. Thats exactly why I was quite surprised when I saw their new jewelry line for spring. I instantly noticed an Indian theme with the elephants, genie bottles, and mix of gold with other rich colors. I find Indian themes to be increasingly popular over the past year. Hermes and OPI are just a few brands who have featured an Indian theme line over the past two seasons. This leads me to believe: is Juicy trying to break away from their ruffles and prep and head towards a more Free People, relaxed look for this summer? 

No comments: