Friday, April 10, 2009

Sea it to believe it


Yesterday, I found my new obsession. As I was walking into work, I instantly noticed a coat rack hanging up in the front of the store filled with the most eye-catching bags I've seen in quite some time. As I approached (more like ran) over to the bags, I instantly fell in love. Sea Bags, as they are called, are made out of old sails that have been, as the company promises "sailed around the world." The more I found out about the bag, the more I began to love it. Each one is custom designed so no two will ever be the same. When you look at the bags up close, they have a distressed look to them, and the white or off white dacron and canvas designs make the bag impossible not to love. The handles are hand-spliced at the shop in Portland, Maine and give the bag an extra nautical feel. Custom make it, or choose one of the adorable designs already available on the website at seabags.com. The price may be a little costly, but I think it's well worth the splurge for something that will last for many summers to come. 

No comments: