Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Climb


Lately I've been doing a lot of thinking about myself. Not in a selfish sort of way, but in a deep, inner reflection sort of way. My question to you is this-at which point in our lives do we ever give ourselves satisfaction for who we are, the things we have accomplished and the people who we have touched in our lives? I find that lately myself, and so many other people I know fall down with the inner battles of self destruction and perfection. No, I'm not taking anything away from giving everything your 100% best efforts all the time. I am saying that in mean time, while your out there becoming the best person you can possibly be, enjoy the ride.

I've realized that for the past few months, and especially the past few weeks, I've been trying to change so much about myself and about the way that I go about things, that I've spent more time worrying and beating myself up internally than actually letting myself transform into the person I want to become naturally. Everyone says that the common phrase is to "stop trying and things will come naturally." Well somewhere along the way, everyone stopped letting things fall into place as they should, and started forcing things to happen THAT day, THAT week and THAT minute.

The world just doesn't work that way, and thank God it doesn't. The biggest part of the lesson about learning who you are and who others are is by the journey and time it takes to get to that place. You don't need to have your whole life figured out at 19 years old. If you did, what else would you have to look forward to in life? Focus on what you can do in your life to make the pathway for your future the best that it can be, but realize, (and more importantly), accept, that the future is unknown for a reason.

No comments: