Friday, February 5, 2010

Sweet Escape





Is it just me, or is anyone else absolutely taken by Alexis Bittar's spring line? From the moment that I saw the flower pins, I instantly imagined myself in the garden sipping tea and wearing a gigantic hat and a sun dress showing off one of the pins....(My daydreaming ends here-promise!) The iridescent colors she uses in her gorgeous lucite pieces combines the perfect balance of romantic and soft shades of light pink, lilac, cream, pale yellow and light green. Her use of various types of stone and pearl in her pieces add an interesting amount of texture to her jewelry that please both the visual and tactile side of the buyer. Also I noticed that, (especially with her earrings), there is a definite use of geometric shapes (specifically different shaped circles) that seems to be a common theme.

FEELING GIVING? If anyone wants to buy me anything, feel free to e-mail me asking for my address. I'm only kidding of course, but really--I'm on a mission to get that necklace and pin!

No comments: